Friday, September 5, 2014

Tomato Soup

Well, it didn't turn out like my favorite tomato soup (plain old Campbell's), but it is an interesting jumping off point...
(ignore the salad - it's just trying to upstage the soup)
recipe found here


...and we all know what "interesting" means.  Yeah, I didn't lovelovelove it.  We're not even going steady.  However, much like the weird looking guy in the back of the class who wears a pocket protector and knows all the answers, it grew on me.

I think the basic idea is fine, it just needs more oomph.  I think I'll try simmering some fresh basil leaves in with the tomatoes next time.  Maybe add a dash of Italian seasoning.  A little more salt & pepper...try some fresh avocado slices on top...

That weird looking guy is going to get a makeover.

1 comment: