Sunday, August 31, 2014

Whole(ish)30 - Two Weeks In.

This past week has been super crazy - helping Nathan and Rebekah move, painting, moving furniture and cleaning here, and then a four day trip to Idaho for Joe's funeral.  I haven't had a lot of time for posting.

I am happy to report that even though Steve and I went on a 4 day road trip, I was still able to stick with healthy eating.  Here's a few pictures from this past week:

Mexican salad.
So yummy.
I put cooked some chicken tenders in a frying pan, covered with Jack's Salsa, then put them on a bed of mixed greens, and added a dollop of guacamole.
So good.

Road trip food.
Sliced cucumbers, celery sticks in almond butter, olives, jicama sticks, guacamole, macadamia nuts and raw almonds, fresh peach slices and mixed heirloom tomatoes.
I admit, we ate too many macadamia nuts, but overall, it was a pretty good selection.  There are a couple of cans of tuna pictured, but we didn't end up using them.

Photo: What's for dinner? PEACHES!!!
I got half a box of peaches this week.  

Breakfast hash: Jimmy Dean Natural Sausage, sweet potatoes, jicama, onions, green peppers and baby portobello mushrooms.
It was excellent.
Ribs.
Ribs.
Ribs.
Oh, and some sauteed peas and mushrooms.
I made a new whole30 compliant rub - it was awesome.  I thought I would miss the brown sugar, but nope, not really.
(it was based on this recipe - but without the Old Bay Seasoning and with more onion and thyme)

Photo: Dinner at Deadman's Pass (rest stop).
Roadside Salmon Salad.
Picked up some mixed greens and some cold salmon fillets at Safeway in Pendleton, then added some of the road trip food I already had.
Delicious! (And very very pretty)


1 comment: