Tuesday, August 19, 2014

W30 - Day 3

Another challenging day - I had to drive to Everett for an 8am dentist appointment...then again for Danny's noon appointment...then to the airport to pick up Alex (whose plane was an hour late!!!).  The boys and I were starving by the time we headed home, so Danny called Steve and had him order Papa Johns.

Yes, you heard me.

Papa Johns.

I hope inhaling is allowed on Whole30, because there was a lot of that going on during the 15 minute ride home from Papa Johns.

Breakfast was sort of an omelet...or frittata...or something.  I sauteed some leftover chicken sausage with baby kale, baby portobello mushrooms and diced onions, then poured two eggs (seasoned with salt) over the whole shebang...

...resulting in this.  It was pretty dang awesome, I just wished I'd thrown in more kale.
Next time.

This is what I DIDN'T eat for dinner.  I promise, I only inhaled.

This was my dinner that I threw together in less than 10 minutes.  The golden loveliness at the top of the plate is mashed sweet potatoes.  They were super easy, since I had cooked 3 large sweet potatoes this morning.  I just cut one in half, peeled it and poured a splash of coconut milk and about a teaspoon of butter, then I hit it with my immersion blender and presto chango! Mashed sweet potatoes.  I was surprised at how sweet they were - it was nice to have the sausage along with it.  I could see making these sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving - adding some roasted chopped pecans and some toasted coconut.  I may have to give that a trial run.

Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment: