Monday, August 18, 2014

Whole(ish) 30 Day 1

Started the Whole30 challenge yesterday - no sugar, grains or dairy for a month.  Can I do it?

I do love a challenge.

Since it was Sunday, I only ended up having 2 meals and a couple of snacks.

Breakfast: sausage, green bean, onion and mushroom scramble. (I had just cooked up 3 of those ingredients to throw in the crockpot for spaghetti sauce...so they were out and convenient).

A hit and a miss. The cucumber cilantro lime salad was nasty - the cukes would have tasted better just left alone, or with a splash of apple cider vinegar. The spaghetti squash spaghetti was pretty dang good - the sauce was amazing.

Here's a link to the basic Whole30 program.  I'm not going to be quite as obsessive as they are...frankly, I don't want to spend a fortune on several different kinds of oil...that kind of thing.  I'll make do with EVOO and coconut oil and butter (until I run out, then I'll explore other options). It's going to be a 'work in progress' sort of thing.

3 comments:

  1. Go Deb! What didn't you like about the salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cucumbers tasted bitter. Not good at all. Raw and plain would have been much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dolike me some Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar on them. I also like the drink they suggest on the side of their bottle. I drink it warm with a little honey, cinnamom and tumeric.

    ReplyDelete