Thursday, August 21, 2014

W30 - Day 5

Five days without sugar! (or gluten or dairy)...

I won't lie, today I had a little temptation.  I made a batch of brownies this morning, then frosted them with MINT FROSTING.  Lucky for me, Alex was around to lick the brownie bowl, and Steve was around to take care of the frosting overspill. Whew!

I was out of the house for quite a while today, so this time I thought ahead and threw a small handful of almonds and cashews in a baggie, along with a clementine.  That helped. Especially when I hit the Taco Bell drive thru for Alex.  I think I may have to figure out some Mexican food soon.

Very soon.

As pretty as this looks, breakfast was kind of a disaster.
I thought I would try some sweet potato hash browns.
Um. No. Not this time.
I added some shredded onion and garlic in a vain attempt to make these savory. My plan backfired - they tasted moderately gross.  I'll try again another time.
Maybe next year.

As promised, mashed sweet potatoes with toasted (okay, slightly scorched) pecans and toasted (barely - I didn't want to scorch again) coconut.  The unsweetened coconut was only so-so, but I loved the scorched pecans with it.  I may have to make that a thing.
Scorching things, I mean.

1 comment: