Sunday, October 12, 2014

Some Hits and a Miss

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I would just throw all the food pictures I've taken in the past couple of weeks into one entry.

Here goes (in no particular order):

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and homemade apple juice.  The muffin recipe is from the cookbook: Against All Grain.  I adore these muffins.  They keep well in the refrigerator and are an easy grab and go breakfast. The juice is pretty great too.

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Brownies...this was my birthday "cake".  The ice cream is wonderful - and almost dairy free! The brownies are okay...I found them a bit dry - but I might have slightly over baked them.  Both recipes can be found in Against All Grain.

Homemade applesauce.  I sort of (but not really) followed the recipe in Against All Grain - but I didn't peel the apples...or core them. I have a food mill, so I just steamed/boiled the apples with the seasonings and then ran it through my food mill.  Excellent - especially warm.

Paleo Apple Crisp.  This was a miss.  It looked and smelled great, but it was just dry, dry, dry.  This was NOT from Against All Grains, I found the recipe on Paleo Newbie (here). I suspect it would be just fine with the addition of ice cream - but I didn't have any on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment